Howrah Man Travels 235 Kms To Pull His 'Dead' Son Alive From Balasore Morgue
After pulling out his 24-year-old son Biswajit from the morgue at Bahanaga High School, Helaram rushed to Balasore Hospital before bringing him to Kolkata's SSKM Hospital.
New Delhi: Howrah resident
Helaram Mallik travelled 235km to Balasore to recover his son alive from a
makeshift morgue where he was kept with the bodies of those killed in the
triple train accident. After pulling out his 24-year-old son Biswajit from the
morgue at Bahanaga High School, Helaram rushed to Balasore Hospital before
bringing him to Kolkata's SSKM Hospital. Biswajit, who suffered multiple bone
injuries in his limbs, underwent two surgeries at the trauma care unit of SSKM
Hospital here.
"I
saw the news on TV and then realised that I must call Biswajit to find out if
he was okay. He did not initially pick up the calls and then when he did, I
could hear a feeble voice on the other side," Helaram, who runs a kinara
shop in Howrah, said. On the same night (June 2), he and his brother-in-law
Dipak Das left for Balasore in an ambulance.
Without wasting a moment,
Helaram took his "almost unresponsive" son to Balasore Hospital where
he was administered a few injections and then referred to Cuttack Medical
College and Hospital. "He had multiple fractures on his limbs and could
not utter anything. I signed a bond there and brought Biswajit to SSKM
Hospital's trauma care unit on Monday morning," he said.
Asked
why people mistook him as "dead", a doctor at SSKM Hospital said
Biswajit might have gone into 'suspended animation' ? a state of slowing down
biological functions ? leading people to think that he was dead. On Monday,
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee visited Biswajit and those injured undergoing
treatment at SSKM Hospital.
"I would
like to thank God for giving back my son. I can't explain what was going in my
mind when I heard Biswajit was dead. I was not ready to accept that he was no
more and kept on looking for him," Helaram said. "I feel I got a new
life. I owe it to my father. He is God to me and because of him, I have got
back this life again. Baba is everything to me," Biswajit told PTI from
the hospital bed.
Coromandel Express, in which
Biswajit was travelling, crashed into a stationary goods train, derailing most
of its coaches at 7 pm on June 2. A few coaches of Coromandel toppled over the
last few coaches of the Bengaluru-Howrah Express which was passing by at the
same time. A goods train was also involved in the crash.
Investigators
are looking into possible human error, signal failure, and other possible
causes behind the three-train crash. In all, 278 people have died and over 1200
injured in the tragic incident.
News is originally taken from: https://zeenews.india.com/india/howrah-man-travels-235-kms-to-pull-his-dead-son-alive-from-balasore-morgue-2618382.html
Samachar
App: watch the live latest news of India and the
world, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Samachar App now to
keep up with daily breaking news.
Like and Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

Comments
Post a Comment